Spring Gala Concert 2016 Recordings & Program
Sunday, May 1, 2016, David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center, New York
Instructions for downloading files and importing a playlist into Itunes:
1. Click to download the 2 links on the left for the orchestra you want. One is a zip file of all the master recordings. The other is the playlist xml file, containing the order, title, composer and performer information. Place them somewhere convenient, like your desktop.
2. Un-zip the zip file (usually by double-clicking it). You should shortly have a folder full of .mp3 files.
3. If you do not already have Itunes on your computer, click here to download it from the Apple web site. Install the program.
4. Open Itunes.
5. Go to File>Add to Library (command-O on Macintosh). Navigate to your folder of mp3 files. Choose them all (shift-click). Click <Open>. The files are now added to your library.
6. Go to File>Library>Import Playlist. Navigate to your .xml file that you downloaded. Select it and click <Open>. You now should see on your Itunes screen, in the left pane, a playlist for the orchestra you selected. The selections should be in order, with the correct titles and composer info. You may have to tweak Itunes a bit to get the desired info to display, but it is there.
From here, you can use your playlist to listen, share, or burn a regular audio CD. Enjoy!
Download or play individual files:
Westchester Elementary Strings
Bernard Klinger, conductor
Allegro from Badinerie from Orchestral Suite No. 2, J. S. Bach, arr. Jeremy Woolstenhulme
Brandenburg Concerto No 3 mm I, J. S. Bach, arr. Merle J. Isaac
Brandenburg Concerto No 3 mm III, J. S. Bach, arr. Merle J. Isaac
Allegretto from Theme from Symphony No. 1 Movement 3, Mahler, arr. Brad Pfeil
Assemble the Minions!, Jeffrey S. Bishop
Westchester Junior Strings
Jacqueline Stern, conductor
Divertimento in Bb K. 137, Mozart
II. Allegro di molto
III. Allegro Assai
Xyklus I, William Eckfeld
Holberg Suite Op. 40, Grieg
Westchester Youth Symphony
Vincent Lionti, conductor
Nabucco Overture, Verdi
Second Symphony Op. 43 (Fourth Movement), Sibelius
Finale from Symphony No. 5 Op. 47, Shostakovich
American Salute, Morton Gould
Gershwin by George!, Gershwin, arr. Jerry Brubaker