Instructions for downloading files and importing a playlist into Itunes:
1. Click to download the 2 links on the left for the orchestra you want. One is a zip file of all the master recordings. The other is the playlist xml file, containing the order, title, composer and performer information. Place them somewhere convenient, like your desktop.
2. Un-zip the zip file (usually by double-clicking it). You should shortly have a folder full of .mp3 files.
3. If you do not already have Itunes on your computer, click here to download it from the Apple web site. Install the program.
4. Open Itunes.
5. Go to File>Add to Library (command-O on Macintosh). Navigate to your folder of mp3 files. Choose them all (shift-click). Click <Open>. The files are now added to your library.
6. Go to File>Library>Import Playlist. Navigate to your .xml file that you downloaded. Select it and click <Open>. You now should see on your Itunes screen, in the left pane, a playlist for the orchestra you selected. The selections should be in order, with the correct titles and composer info. You may have to tweak Itunes a bit to get the desired info to display, but it is there.
From here, you can use your playlist to listen, share, or burn a regular audio CD. Enjoy!
Download or play individual files:
Westchester Elementary Strings
Bernard Klinger, conductor
Concerto Grosso in G Op. 6 No. 1, Handel, arr. Robert D. McCashin
selections from Carnival of the Animals, Saint-Saens, arr. Frank Halferty
Pavane, Faure, arr. John O'Neill
Curse of the Rosin Eating Zombies from Outer Space, Richard Meyer
Dance of the Tumblers from "Snow Maidens", Rimsky-Korsakov, arr. Sandra Dackow
Westchester Junior Strings
Jacqueline Stern, conductor
Capriol Suite, Basse – Danse, Pavane, Tordion, Bransles, Pieds-en-l'Air, Mattachins, Peter Warlock
Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 op. 46, Ases Dod (The Death of Ase), Anitras Tanz (Dance of Anitra), Edvard Grieg
Concerto Grosso No. 1 for Strings and Piano Obbligato, Prelude, Fugue, Ernest Bloch
Westchester Youth Symphony
Vincent Lionti, conductor
La Belle Helene, Offenbach
Erin Isle Sketches, Del Borgo
Norma Overture, Bellini
Hungarian March from The Damnation of Faust, Berlioz
William Tell Overture, Rossini