Winter Concert 2017 Recordings & Program
Sunday, December 10, 2017, Hankin Academic Arts Building, Westchester Community College
Instructions for downloading files and importing a playlist into Itunes:
1. Click to download the 2 links on the left for the orchestra you want. One is a zip file of all the master recordings. The other is the playlist xml file, containing the order, title, composer and performer information. Place them somewhere convenient, like your desktop.
2. Un-zip the zip file (usually by double-clicking it). You should shortly have a folder full of .mp3 files.
3. If you do not already have Itunes on your computer, click here to download it from the Apple web site. Install the program.
4. Open Itunes.
5. Go to File>Add to Library (command-O on Macintosh). Navigate to your folder of mp3 files. Choose them all (shift-click). Click <Open>. The files are now added to your library.
6. Go to File>Library>Import Playlist. Navigate to your .xml file that you downloaded. Select it and click <Open>. You now should see on your Itunes screen, in the left pane, a playlist for the orchestra you selected. The selections should be in order, with the correct titles and composer info. You may have to tweak Itunes a bit to get the desired info to display, but it is there.
From here, you can use your playlist to listen, share, or burn a regular audio CD. Enjoy!
Download or play individual files:
Westchester Elementary Strings
Bernard Klinger, conductor
A Rococo Theme, from, “Variations on a Rococo Theme”, Tchaikovsky, arr. Bob Phillips
Dance of the Reed Flutes, from “The Nutcracker”, Tchaikovsky, arr. Carrie Lane Gruselle
Hanukkah Habanera, Featuring Habanera, Hanukkah O Hanukkah, and The Dreidel Song, arr. Tim McCarrick
Concerto Grosso, Op. 6, No. 8 - 1: Allegro - 2: Adagio - Allegro, Adagio - 3: Allegro, Corelli, arr. Todd Parrish
Turkey in a Tux, Fiddle Tune in style of: Bach, Rossini, Strauss, with a Beethoven cameo appearance, arr. Carrie Lane Gruselle
Westchester Junior Strings
Jacqueline Stern, conductor
Short Overture for Strings (1958), Berber
Andante Festivo (1922/1938), Sibelius
Serenade for Strings, op. 20 (1892) - First Movement, Elgar - Kyoko Saito, violin solo
Concertino Pastorale (1939) - Toccata, Ireland
Fantasia on Greensleeves (1934), From the opera Sir John in Love, by Ralph Greaves, Vaughan Williams - Mi-Won Kim, piano, Kyoko Saito, Alex Park, Taylor Lee, solos
Westchester Youth Symphony
Vincent Lionti, conductor
Electric Shock March, Puccini, arr. Charles D. Yates
Polka (from The Bartered Bride), Smetana, edited by Donald Miller
Soldiers’ Chorus (from Faust), Gounod, arr. and edited by Clark McAlister
Faust (Ballet Music from the Opera) - 1. Allegretto (Tempo di Valse) - 2: Adagio - 3: Allegretto - 4: Moderato maestoso - 5: Allegro vivo, Gounod, edited by Tom Kennedy
Pirates of the Caribbean, Badelt, arr. Ted Ricketts
Sleigh Ride, Anderson