Winter Concert 2018 Recordings
Sunday, December 9, 2018, Hankin Academic Arts Building, Westchester Community College
Download complete playlists for iTunes:
Westchester Elementary Strings Orchestra
Westchester Junior Strings Orchestra
Westchester Youth Symphony Orchestra
Instructions for downloading files and importing a playlist into iTunes:
1. Click to download the 2 links on the left for the orchestra you want. One is a zip file of all the master recordings. The other is the playlist xml file, containing the order, title, composer and performer information. Place them somewhere convenient, like your desktop.
2. Un-zip the zip file (usually by double-clicking it). You should shortly have a folder full of .mp3 files.
3. If you do not already have iTunes on your computer, click here to download it from the Apple web site. Install the program.
4. Open iTunes.
5. Go to File>Add to Library (command-O on Macintosh). Navigate to your folder of mp3 files. Choose them all (shift-click). Click <Open>. The files are now added to your library.
6. Go to File>Library>Import Playlist. Navigate to your .xml file that you downloaded. Select it and click <Open>. You now should see on your Itunes screen, in the left pane, a playlist for the orchestra you selected. The selections should be in order, with the correct titles and composer info. You may have to tweak iTunes a bit to get the desired info to display, but it is there.
From here, you can use your playlist to listen, share, or burn a regular audio CD. Enjoy!
Download or play individual files:
Westchester Elementary Strings
Bernard Klinger, conductor
Brandenburg Concerto No. 5, J. S. BACH, arr. Merle J. Isaac
España Cañi, PASCUAL MARQUINA NARRO, arr. Kathy L. Fishburn
Spanish Gypsy Dance
Hungarian Dance No. 1, JOHANNES BRAHMS, arr. Carrie Lane Gruselle
Secret Agent, KATHRYN GRIESINGER
Marche Slav, P. I. TCHAIKOVSKY, arr. Carrie Lane Gruselle
Westchester Junior Strings
Jacqueline Stern, conductor
Don Quixote Suite for String Orchestra, GEORG PHILIPP TELEMANN
Overture / Awakening of Don Quixote / His Attack on the Windmills / Sighs of Love for Princess Aline / Sancho Pansa Swindled / Don Quixote at Rest
Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis, RALPH VAUGHAN WILLIAMS, arr. Jamin Hoffman
Danzon, from “Fancy Free”, LEONARD BERNSTEIN, arr. Robert Longfield
The Nutcracker: Three Dances, P. I. TCHAIKOVSKY, arr. Clark McAlister
March / Arabian Dance / Trepak
Westchester Youth Symphony
Vincent Lionti, conductor
Introduction and Drinking Song, GIUSEPPE VERDI, arr. Clark McAlister
Brindisi from La Traviata
Presidential Polonaise, JOHN PHILLIP SOUSA
Promenade, LEROY ANDERSON
National Emblem March, E. E. BAGLEY, arr. A. Luck
Waltz from Swan Lake, P. I. TCHAIKOVSKY